11.11.2006

Color Study from Memory


My wife and I celebrated our second year anniversary tonight at Koi Restaurant. My friend Roland suggested this place to me and the man has good taste(no pun intended).

The restaurant is a piece of art in itself. The interior was tastefully decorated with warm overtones in the deep reds and oranges. We were sitting at the end of the sushi bar and a beautiful bamboo set piece was lit directly in front of me. In the back was the private dining room with its deep burgundy wall that perfectly complimented this bamboo setpiece lit in a deep yellow-orange light. I took a mental snapshot and quickly did this as soon as I got home. This took about an hour to do. The colors are probably more exaggerated since my memory is poor. Bon Appetite!

3 comments:

Stuart Kim said...

That's a fine piece! Beautiful colors. I think that even if the colors are exaggerated, that's okay! You really show the mood of the piece and I like the textures you set in the base below. And congratulations on your Anniversary! Kaai & I are really happy for you guys! Man time really flies by. We'll catch you guys at church tomorrow!

Brian Yam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brian Yam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.